Wednesday, November 29, 2017

Hey, hey, you, you, I COULD BE YOUR GIRLFRIEND

ya know that old Avril Lavigne song, girlfriend? well its been stuck in my head.  for weeks.  And I know why too.  no song has been able to capture my current relationship status like girlfriend.  the whole song is just so true to the situation.  usually a part of a song will be super duper relatable and other parts will be completely irrelevant, but all of girlfriend is just so damn accurate.  They broke up on Monday night, so the song isn't completely true, but on Monday when he was telling me all about how awful she'd been to him all I could think about was this song.  I KNOW he likes me.  Especially when he texts me and tells me crazy things about himself that not even his best friend know.  He texts and calls me all the time when he just needs someone to talk to, because he KNOWS I'll be there when he needs me the most.  I've always been reliable like that.  I just want us to be together.  I know all that there is to know about him and I still love and support him despite his mistakes.  He posts about someday having a girl that will love him for who he is and will be there for him, but I AM THAT GIRL NOW!!!!! boys are so dumb I swear.  he tells me everything and yet he doesn't realize that I am that girl, or maybe he does realize and doesn't want it to be true because we're so geographically distanced.  When I graduate college, I'll move down there if that's what it takes for both of us to be happy.  And for now we can text and call and facetime in between visits to each other.  I know that we can make this work, but he'd have to be willing, and we'd have to tough out a long distance relationship for the next three and a half years (or less if we get married ;P) But whatever.  I'm probably just gonna have to deal with another almost relationship coming and going, but I really hope not.  I want to make this work.    

No comments:

Post a Comment