Thursday, December 6, 2018

I know I'm really, really bad at this

So I know the whole point of a blog is to like talk about your life, and keep people updated or whatever.  And I also know that I happen to do a really really really bad job of actually posting stuff on here until WAYYYYYY after its happened so you hear things a little (a lot) late.  My bads.  So now that we've gotten that out of the way, are y'all ready to hear whats been going on in my life? I just now realized that there's no way for me to get an instant response from you AND I really don't care if you want me to tell you, because I'm gonna go ahead and tell you anyway.  You can continue reading if you so choose, but I'll leave that up to you. 
So lets start where I last left off, around my birthday.  Florida boy was supposed to come up and visit me.  He promised me that he was gonna come up and visit me for my birthday.  So I took off work for that whole week, because that's when he was supposed to come visit me.  (If you haven't figured it out by now he did not come visit me.)  He didn't even tell me that he wasn't coming.  I asked him what time I needed to be at the airport to pick him up, like a day or two before he said he was coming, and he said that I didn't need to pick him up, because he wasn't coming.  Apparently he had never bought the plane ticket.  He told me that he couldn't afford to come, which would've been fine, had it actually have been true and had he given me like some actual notice that he wasn't gonna be able to come and had this not been the third time that he promised to come up and didn't.  I know he would've been able to afford a plane ticket had he bought it before the week he wanted to go, and had he not spent all of his money going out and binge drinking five days a week.  But whatever. 
In May, I failed one of my classes, despite begging my professor for mercy, and I ended up having to retake the course as a summer class.  I ended up getting an A+ in the summer class, despite doing everything exactly the same, so clearly there was something up with that first professor.  In June, I started a new job, and quit my old job.  I started working at a summer camp at a preschool, and now do aftercare at the school.  I like it a whole lot more than I liked feeding the old people.  I mean, the old people were cool over there, but the management was horrible, and they expected WAYYY too much of minimum wage employees.  And because they refused to promote me, despite expecting me to do the job of the people who got promoted instead of me, I left. 
And then we get to July.  July was the best month I've had in the past year, I think.  Back in February, my friend messaged this guy that we went to high school with, and asked him if he had a girlfriend.  (We all knew each other in high school, and I told her that I would go on a date with him (mostly so she'd stop trying to set me up with human dumpsters) even though I really wasn't all that interested in him.  I knew he was nice and that was really all that mattered to me at that point.) He responded to her, and said that yes, he did have a girlfriend.  That was fine, but I really tried to avoid him from that point on (he works at the grocery store that I go to like everyday, so this proved to be quite the challenge.)  in what I like to refer to as "reverse stalking."  I tried my best to figure out his schedule, and specifically avoided going to the grocery store when I thought he would be there.  I just knew that because she'd said something to him, he'd start to notice when I came in, and I didn't want him to think I was stalking him, in addition to wanting to give him and his girlfriend their space (despite knowing and hating his girlfriend because she is quite literally the most irritating person to ever walk the earth.)  If he was happy, I planned on leaving him be.  (I also happened to get really good at using the self scans at the grocery store (I've never had an issue with them) because he often worked self scans and I didn't want to talk to him.)  I bet you're wondering how this is all relevant.  Well, one night in early July, I was babysitting my little cousins, and my friend texted me and told me that he'd messaged her and asked her if I had a boyfriend and if she thought I'd be interested in going on a date with him.  Naturally, she freaked out and messaged me, and I freaked out too.  A real live boy wanted to go on an actual date.  With me!!! It was absolutely wild.  About an hour later, he messaged me on Instagram.  We started talking, and we decided to go on a hike (before you say it no, I wasn't worried about him killing me in the woods because I already knew him) when he got back from vacation in a few days.  He came and picked me up at my house (I'd gotten rid of my sisters for the time, so it was just my parents and I home when he came to get me.)  We went on our hike, (we ended up going to two different places and going on two hikes) and then we got snowballs, and then we went back to my house and had s'mores with my parents and my sisters and my grandparents, and then we watched a movie, and then he went home.  I think that date was 8 hours.  The next day, we hung out again.  He picked me up in the morning and we went and got his emissions test for his car done, and then we went to two different Walmart's to get stuff to wash his car, then we went to the reservoir with a hammock and sat in the hammock by the water, then we started watching a movie, washed his car, and went to dinner with his mom and grandfather.  Then we went for a walk in the park, and finally out for ice cream.  Our second date was 12 hours.  We kept spending more and more time together, and we talked every day when I was on vacation.  A few days after I got back, he officially asked me to be his girlfriend.  (I said yes duh.)  At the end of July, I was dog sitting for my friend, and she happens to have a skee-ball machine in her basement.  So naturally, we took advantage of the free entertainment, and played a whole lot of skee-ball.  He said that we should make it a little more interesting, and bet something.  I told him that that was fine (I had been beating him all day) and asked him if he had anything in mind.  He said yes, but wouldn't tell me what (I knew what he was thinking, I just wanted him to say it.)  He said that I'd figure it out when I won.  I agreed (after all, I had been winning all day) and he beat me.  And he beat me again, and again, and again.  As soon as something unknown was on the line, I couldn't win.  I was getting so upset (he thought it was cute.)  But just then, when I felt super duper defeated, I beat him.  And he kissed me! Right there by the skee-ball machine in my best friend's basement he kissed me.  And then we kept playing.  And I beat him again, and he kissed me again.  And every once in a while he'd beat me and I'd kiss him.  But for the most part (despite what he likes to tell people,) I beat him more.  So that's what my life has been since July.  I have a real live boyfriend who lives just down the street (not 1000 mile away) and I work at a school, and I'm still in college (getting super duper good grades this semester too) and its been pretty great, but pretty busy as usual.  But that's okay. 

No comments:

Post a Comment